Please be advised the water service to customers of Harris County MUD No. 286 has not been adversely affected by the leak on the water supply line from the North Harris County Regional Water Authority. Harris County MUD No. 286 is currently able to supply normal water quantities and pressure to its customers. If you experience service issues, please reach out to the District’s operator, EDP, at 832-467-1599.
Due to ongoing drought conditions, the City of Houston and the North Harris County Regional Water Authority (NHCRWA) have both implemented Stage 1 of their respective Drought Contingency Plans. Because Harris County MUD 286 (MUD 286) is located within the boundaries of the NHCRWA, MUD 286 is required to initiate Stage 1 of its Drought Contingency Plan and implement voluntary water use restrictions. Should drought conditions worsen, the NHCRWA and MUD 286 may require mandatory water use restrictions. Effective immediately, the following voluntary water use restrictions are in place:
- Voluntary Water Use Restrictions Applicable to Customers. Customers and those responsible for watering common areas such as esplanades and sports fields are requested to voluntarily limit the irrigation of landscaped and other areas and to irrigate said areas only between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. on the following days:
- Customers with even numbered addresses: Thursdays and Sundays
- Customers with odd numbered addresses: Wednesdays and Saturdays
- Customers are requested to practice water conservation and to minimize or discontinue non-essential water uses such as vehicle washing, power washing or spraying down surfaces (other than for fire protection), gutter flushing, and refilling swimming pools, hot tubs or aesthetic fountains (except those that support aquatic life).
- Customers are encouraged to check for and repair all leaks, dripping faucets, and running toilets.
Thank you for your cooperation – Customers will be notified when these restrictions are no longer required or if conditions warrant additional conservation measures.